- Designing of Steels and Cast Iron Alloys
- Nanocrystalline Steels and Cast Iron Alloys
- Modern AHSS Steels: DP, CP, TRIP, BS, MS
- Designing of Heat Treatment of Steels and Cast Iron Alloys
- Isothermal and Continuous Phase Transformations: TTT, CCT, CHT
- New Heat Treatment Technologies including: Quenching & Partitioning, Nanostructuring by phase transformations, Multi-step austemtering, etc.
- Effect of stresses on phase transformations
- Heat Treatment Distortion
- Prediction and Control of Cast Iron Alloys and Steel Properties
- New Welding Technologies
- Combining Surface Engineering and Heat Treatment Technologies
Scope of the Conference
The Conference is dedicated to:
- Scientists engaged in the design and research of modern steels and cast iron alloys
- Entrepreneurs interested in the development of their products through the implementation of new steels and cast iron alloys and modern technologies for heat treatment of these materials
The objectives of the MSIA2016 conference are the following:
- Take stock of the current status of the steel and iron alloys research through the presentation of the most recent achievements of research teams.
- share experiences related to the design, heat treatment, structure and properties of modern steels and iron alloys.
- Indicate new directions of steel and iron alloys research and the potential areas for the practical applications of the results of research work.
- Professor Harry Bhadeshia, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, U.K
- Doctor Francisca Caballero, National Centre for Metallurgical Research, Madrid, Spain
- Professor Bruno Charles De Cooman, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Gyeongsangbukdo, South Korea
- Professor Bogdan Garbarz, Institute for Ferrous Metallurgy, Gliwice, Poland
- Doctor Carlos Garcia-Mateo, National Centre for Metallurgical Research, Madrid, Spain
- Professor Adam Grajcar, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- Professor Edward Guzik, AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow, Poland
- Professor Mieczysław Kaczorowski, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- Professor Andrzej Kolasa, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- Professor Małgorzata Lewandowska, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- Professor Jarosław Mizera, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- Professor Dawid Myszka, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- Professor Adel Nofal, Central Metallurgical Research and Development Institute, Cairo, Egypt
- Professor Jerzy Pacyna, AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow, Poland
- Professor Elena Pereloma, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, Australia
- Professor Susil Putatunda, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Professor Jerzy Sobczak, Foundry Research Institute, Cracow, Poland
- Doctor Mahesh Somani, Senior Specialist Researcher, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
- Professor Wiesław Świątnicki, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
Standard registration: 350 euro
Late registration: 380 euro
Last minute registration: 420 euro
The conference fee covers:
- The participation in plenary and poster sessions
- Conference materials including abstracts
- Coffee breaks
- Buffet lunches
- Conference dinner
Costs incurred by the participants:
The participants incur accommodation costs. A list of hotels close to the venue of the Conference where rooms will be booked for the Conference participants will be provided by 31.03.2016 on the website www.nanostal.eu/MSIA2016
- The fee for the additional publication of a qualified paper in an indexed scientific journal.
- 21.03.2016 – registration on the website www.nanostal.eu
- 28.04.2016 – submission of the abstracts of papers and posters
- 31.03.2016 – confirmation of the participation in the Conference
- 31.03.2016 – confirmation of the approval of a paper or a poster for presentation at the Conference
- 15.04.2016 – standard payment
- 15.04. - 31.05.2016 – late registration and payment
- after 1.06.2016 – last minute registration and payment
- 28.06.2016 – submission of an article for review
- 5-8.07.2016 - Conference
Information for Participants
Papers will be submitted to a standard process of review. Those qualified by reviewers will be published in an indexed scientific journal. Each participant may send one article. Additional article will be charged an additional fee (110 euro).
The Conference sessions will be held in English.
The abstract should be written with a Times New Roman 12 pts font, single-spaced; photos, graphs and tables may be included in abstract.
The abstracts should be send by email to
All proposed paper will be pre-assessed by the Scientific Committee and addressed to the one of the Journals based on topics, originality and scientific quality. All publication will be subject to the journals standard peer review procedure and copyright conditions.
Papers submitted for the conference will be published in the journals: Archives of Metallurgy and Materials (IF=1.09 in 2014)
Manuscripts should be sent to the following e-mail address:
Instructions for Authors are available at: www.imim.pl/archives
POSTER preparation guidelines
The useable work area of the poster boards are 100cm wide by 120cm high.
The adhesive tape will be provided.
Posters submitted for the conference will be published in the journal: Journal of Manufacturing Technologies
Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer Management of Warsaw University of Technology
Rektorska 4 St.
00-614 Warsaw, Poland
List of hotels is HERE
Emilia Skołek, PhD. Eng.
Tel.: +48 22 234 81 03
Conference is organized under the aegis of:
- Professor Jarosław Mizera - Dean of the Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology
- Professor Andrzej Kolasa - Dean of the Faculty of Production Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology
- Centre for Innovation and Technology Transfer Management, Warsaw University of Technology
CHAIRMEN of the Conference
- Professor Wiesław Świątnicki, Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology
- Professor Dawid Myszka, Faculty of Production Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology
- Emilia Skołek, PhD, Eng., Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology
- Julita Dworecka
- Adam Gołaszewski
- Szymon Marciniak
- Karolina Dudzińska
- Konrad Uściński
- Krzysztof Wasiak
- Kamil Wasiluk